Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter Weekend

On Saturday we got up early and headed out to Driggs today for the bank's annual Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much better than last years blizzard conditions! The sun was shining, the snow mostly melted, and it was even warmish. Set up was fast, clean up even faster, and there was a great turnout. We got to see a few friends from our old ward which was a huge bonus. The kids were great too, they helped put out eggs and honestly, I didn't even see them most of the time. Naiya hung out with me long enough to let me snap this photo, she was so excited to meet "Captain Shield" aka, Bank Teller Ashley.
After some much  needed naps, we went to the ward's dutch oven cook off. We've been in the ward since what, October? But we're still getting to know people so it's nice to have these kinds of activities.

On Sunday we headed to Missy's after church. We had dinner and Missy planned a fun little egg hunt in the backyard.
Ivan, distracted mid-hunt by the treasure waiting inside his eggs.


Checking out the goods.


Calin has moved on but Naiya is still on the hunt.

This pesky stray cat would not take the hint and leave us alone.

Cute as always. I curled her hair but it didn't last.

2 comments:

mom said...

It's interesting to see the girl's in their Easter dresses and Calin like his dad in his shorts. Ivan had a nap so he's not in his Easter clothes but I love that Calin goes for comfy and the girl's love their dresses. Good times for sure. I enjoyed Skyping with you guys.

Keri said...

I love Neiya's basket weaved blue dress. She looks beautful.