In Rexburg, Spring Break is only 2 days, making it a 4 day weekend. But even still, it was a great 4 days. Darin's sister, Nicole, came up with her family and spent it with us. Really they came up for her husband's sisters wedding, but they stayed with us. They brought along their 2 sweet girls and their newborn son, and what a joy it was to spend time with them! They blessed the baby on Thursday here at our house and I must say, it was fun to have a house full of my in-laws in-laws. They were in and out on Fri and Sat due to wedding events and we had a chance to babysit. Naiya and Taylor played really well together, and Cadence played with them a little, but seemed a bit bored. 6 week old Jackson did great and Darin and I only fought over him a few times. We aren't baby hungry at all, but we love having new nieces and nephews to love on.
I was hoping to take Calin and Naiya bowling before they arrived, but a 4 hour PTO meeting derailed my plans. Instead we went on Saturday afternoon accompanied by the the Nielsens and Bruderers. Afterward, we headed back home and played a round of Farkle with Nicole and Paul. I love playing games with a big group of people while the kids run around the house. It's really one of my favorite pastimes ever, no matter who's house it's at. I just love the chaos of it all!
Sadly though, I realized too late that I didn't take one single picture all weekend. But I do have this little bit of sweetness to share:
This is a gift from Paul and Nicole. I've been lusting after this cookbook since it came out, and holy cow it looks amazing! So many yummy recipes to try! Nicole made us the breadsticks and flavored them with another yummy seasoning recipe from the book. Now I'm going to have to learn to make bread b/c I can't stop craving them. So good!
Anyhoo, that was our spring break. And even though we woke to a skiff of snow every morning, it melted by afternoon so it really did feel like spring.
2 comments:
Glad you had a good time amid the chaos. Loving on babies you don't have to get up with at night can be the way to go.
Saw pics of bowling that were fun. Especially a video of Naiya dancing her way around the bowling alley. She was oblivious to everything around her as she followed the 'music' in her head. Too cute!
The girls had so much fun! Thanks for letting us stay.
Post a Comment