Merry
Christmas!
The year 2011
has been very good to us. In January we moved into our new home and oh how we
love it! It’s wonderful to have a place to call our own and we are very happy with
it.
Darin is
still working in Driggs as a Branch Manager for US Bank. After 16 months of
commuting, we are still anxiously awaiting a new job opportunity. At church he
is involved with the young men and loves working with them on their scouting
goals. He is still involved with Rotary club, and serves as Treasurer for the Education
Foundation. He has felt inspired to go back to school for his Master’s Degree,
and that has brought on its own new set of challenges. He is a very busy man,
but he is always dedicated to his commitments and still finds time for his
family.
I continue to
stay home with the children, though they are both in school full time this
year. It’s nice to have quiet days to myself and I enjoy the flexibility it
offers me. I am able to get a lot done while the kids are at school so when
they get home I can devote my attention to them. I still volunteer in the
classrooms and with the PTO, and this past year has been especially rewarding
as we raised enough money to build a special needs playground. At church I
serve as a Bear Leader for Calin’s Den, and I enjoy our cub scouts very much.
Calin
continues to amaze us with the depth of who he is. He is a bright young man
with an amazing mind. He soaks up information like a sponge and excels in his
school work. He continues to enjoy all things active—soccer, baseball,
swimming, golfing, biking, and this year tumbling. We have started him in piano
lessons and he seems to have a natural talent for music.
Naiya is in
1st grade this year; she loves school and is doing very well. She is
learning ballet and tap in this year’s dance class. She still enjoys daisy
scouts, and has also started piano lessons. Naiya is a sweet girl with a heartwarming
laugh and is happy when she makes good choices. She loves to create and is most
content with a blank sheet of paper and a table full of craft supplies.
It’s nice to
finally be settled into a home and a community. We enjoyed moving around as
often as we did, but we knew it was time to settle down and give our kids some consistency.
I believe we will be very happy here in Rexburg and we are excited to raise our
children in this LDS community.
We wish you
all the best, and hope the New Year brings you happiness and a year full of
blessings.
Love,
The Herzoffs
The Herzoffs

1 comment:
I want a picture, please.
Post a Comment