Thursday, December 22, 2011

December

December has been flying by with all the pre-holiday bustle. Darin had a few crazy weeks while he finished up final projects for school. The kids have been bouncing off the walls with excitement, they had their Christmas music program, class parties, a few birthday parties, scout activities, and a piano party. We went to Driggs for Darin's work party and took the kids along with us. I spent my last days of freedom before the school break getting things ready for Christmas, wrapping gifts, stocking up groceries, and making last-minute purchases. I look forward to having the kids home for a while, though I'm sure I'll change my mind by January
Anyway, here are a few random Naiya moments from the this month:

We had the chance to babysit Eli while Dan and Jess went to a Christmas party, which thrilled Naiya. She was so excited to feel like she was babysitting and followed the poor kid around everywhere. I had to pull her away a few times so she didn't overwhelm him so much. He did well being away from his parents until Darin came home and tried to love on him, then he got freaked and cried for a while. Usually kids love Darin, they never choose me over him, so that was strange. Eventually he calmed down and all was well.
Eli and his "babysitters."

Typical toddler; getting into places he shouldn't.


Naiya had been begging me to crimp her hair after she saw a friend at school with hers done. After her bath one night, I braided her wet hair and had her sleep with it like that, and in the morning she had a head full of crimpy goodness.

They had "Dress like a Snowman" day at school and Naiya was excited to participate.
She played "Mommy" with her Baby Alive Doll the other day. It's one of those dolls that comes with special food so you really feed it, and extra diapers b/c it then requires changing. It's messy but it's worth it to see the tenderness in my little girl as she practices her mothering skills.


She reminds me of a young version of her cousin Mackenzie in this one.

2 comments:

mom said...

The kids are growing up too fast. Love seeing the pic's. How fun they love their little cousin. Naiya's hair is getting so long again. Looks cute. Sure do miss you guys.

Keri said...

Happy happy day Kate updated her blog. I love seeing picture of my favorite Herzies.
I can see Kenz in the last pic too. Your little lady is beautiful. Give her hugs from me.