Sunday, August 12, 2007

Going through withdrawal

I'm attempting to overcome my internet addiction and it kind of really sucks sometimes. But I know it's better for me in the end so I'll continue to endure. :) Since I'm having a hard time slowly weaning myself away, I'll probably be blogging a lot in the near future.

The kids and I have been having a busy (but fun) month and I can't believe how fast the summer is flying by! We've decided to take a little mini vacation this weekend up to Niagara Falls and then over to Palmyra, NY to check out the church sites there. Darin has never been to Niagara and I've never been to Palmyra so it will be something new for both of us. Calin is looking forward to it too. He has been learning his states since becoming obsessed with them during our last road trip. So he knows where NY is and where we'll be driving. And of course he knows the story of Joseph Smith and what happened in the Sacred Grove. Here is a link for those who might be curious:

Sacred Grove


Naiya learned how to shuck corn the other day and it was adorable to watch her. Luckily the corn was for just our family since she had to sample each piece after shucking it.




At last, swimming lessons are over! Woohoo! The video isn't very entertaining but it shows what he's learning.

1 comment:

The Farlows said...

Ok, I love her outfit! LOL!