Thursday, August 16, 2007

Naiya K

This is one of those proud parent moments that you don't really understand unless you've experienced it.
Naiya pooped in the potty for the first time today! Woohoo! She's been peeing in the thing for a year now but this is the first time we caught a #2! Such a silly thing to be happy about but it means she's one step closer to potty training, which is always a super good thing. I hope she's as proud of herself as I am.

On a semi-related note, Naiya had her 2 year checkup today. At 22 lbs she made it back onto the growth charts and was taken off "failure to thrive." As always she was less than thrilled to be there but she did really good. No shots today thankfully, just a finger prick which surprised her enough to make her jump, but didn't make her cry. She's healthy and happy and the doctor says he'll let me keep her.
And now I'd better start packing since we're leaving for New York first thing in the morning. I'll post some pictures when we get back!

1 comment:

The Farlows said...

WOO HOO! Way to go Naiya and Mommy! What a great accomplishment! Can you tell we have totally been there?