Today has just not been a great day and I need to gripe about it. Nothing bad has happened but sometimes my reaction to lifes events is much more dramatic than it ought to be. It's just part of who I am. I'm often moody but today especially sucked b/c I should have seen it coming. This is going to be way too much information, sorry. But, exactly one week before the day I am to start my period I get this rush of hormones that completely consumes me and I am like this crazy tornado of a woman and anyone who crosses my path gets thrown across the sky (and possibly into a brick building) if they don't follow proper safety measures. It never fails, it's the same thing month after month. And yet I still allow it take me by surprise. I become this horrible person on these days and it's not usually until the end of the day that I realize it. Then I pull out my calendar and count the days and confirm that this has indeed been my crap day.
And so that's what today was for me. Nothing really went too wrong, but my take on everything, my patience level, my anger, my emotions, all completely out of whack today.
This evening I had my final straw straw and after I put the kids to bed I allowed myself to cry (ie. sob uncontrollably) for several minutes. I just cried and cried and felt sorry for myself and then sucked it up and went back to working. I am now feeling the calm after the storm and after a good nights rest I'll wake to a beautiful sunshiny world and clean up the debris.
Oh, and thanks to Chuck who saved the day during my little water disaster!
And as always, here are some pictures (hopefully it helps lighten the mood after my depressing post)
My kids being goofy.

Naiya hauled the laundry basket outside to fill it with rocks

She passed out on the couch--which I don't think she's ever done before. She had a fever though and was worn out from playing.
2 comments:
Aren't they just amazingly beautiful in slumber? I sat watching Bela last night after he fell asleep. I could stare at them all night long.
Each day I find that you and I have more in common than I once thought. You are not alone and I love your guts!
Hugs,
Felicia
yes, that is a goofy picture of your kids! :) miss you guys
Post a Comment