When it comes to eating, Naiya is turning out to be much pickier than her brother. Calin kind of grew into his pickiness as he got older, but little Miss Naiya is starting young. She watches him turn up his nose and is quick to follow suit, usually by throwing something.
Darin had bought this cranberry lime juice which had kind of a kick to it, but it still tasted good (so I thought). So I diluted some and gave it to Naiya for dinner. She took one sip, wrinkled her little nose and said "eeewwww, disgusting cup." Darin and I exchanged a little smile over that one b/c she sounded so cute when she said it. But in all fairness to her, it was disgusting. Diluting the juice seemed to only dilute the cranberry part so all you tasted was this awful kick of lime. It was pretty gross. But at least she used her words to tell me she didn't like it rather than hucking it across the table. That's progress! However, she did refuse to eat her dinner, threw a fork full of food to the ground, and dumped out her water cup. It's one step forward, two steps back.
And while I'm on the subject of dinner, I have to bring this up. Darin and two of his employees decided to take their wealthiest client and his wife to dinner last night to talk business. So of course they had to go to a nice fancy restaurant in Cleveland. The bill for the 5 of them came to $375! And that didn't include the tip which took the grand total up to $440. For one meal! I am just in awe over this. They split a 4lb lobster appetizer that cost $100. One hundred dollars, for a freakin appetizer! You can buy a week or two worth of groceries for that much. It just makes me sick. And it's not like it was our money, the bank is paying for it. But still, what a waste!
No comments:
Post a Comment