Monday, September 24, 2007

Family Fun


We had a fun weekend with my sister's family. We camped at a track the first night so my BIL could ride his motorcycle then spent the rest of the time at their house. Here are a few snippets I learned from the trip:

*The inventor of the portable DVD player deserves to hear the praise of thankful mothers worldwide.

*5 year olds should be careful around tent ropes so they don't get closelined.

*Eating dinner at 11:00pm makes you have to pee every 2 hours until morning.

*Sleeping in a tent when it's blowing in the wind is impossible unless you're a toddler who still "sleeps like a baby."

*If the tent instructions say to waterproof the seams, do it or you'll get wet when it rains at 3am.

*Throwing rocks in a garbage can will entertain 3 young children for hours.

*It's pointless to initiate naptime when there is exciting action on "motorcycle mountain."

*Knock Knock, Zoom Zoom is a very innocent game when played by small children, but twice as funny.

Cousins: Trinity and Calin

Admiring Uncle Curtis' Bike

View from the stands

Pretty in Pink

Aunt Missy's Yard

2 comments:

Meta said...

I love the dinosaur picture of Naiya - so adorable!!! And the box pics of the kids are so cute too!

Anonymous said...

I love your take on the weekend. I may have to borrow it!