Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Packing Break!

We get the keys to our new home tonight and I'm boxing like crazy. I've mostly been working on the bookshelves and toys, trying to get the bigger things cleared off so they can be moved. The kids are driving me bonkers-thank heavens for the DVD player and library videos (since I've already boxed all of ours).
My emotions are mixed regarding this move. On the one hand, we'll be saving $300 a month, which is an incredible amount for us and will make a huge difference in our budget. But on the other hand, it will be really difficult to go somewhere smaller. This will be our 6th home in the 7 years we've been married, and this is the first time we've ever downsized. We've always moved b/c we wanted more privacy or space and now, we're getting neither. But $300 is worth it. It pains me to leave behind our 3rd bedroom,2nd bathroom, mud room, upststairs, and the central air. But at the same time, that dishwasher is the saving grace of this new duplex.
As I type there are dishes piled all over my countertop. I didn't wash a single dish yesterday or today, and the thought of this being the last time I spend 2-3 hours in front of my sink washing 2 days worth of dishes makes me giddy! Actually, who am I kidding, I won't be washing those dishes. I was smart enough to marry a man who who works hard and does pretty much anything I ask him to. :) So tonight while I'm gone, he'll put the kids to bed and wash the dishes. Isn't that sweet of him? I love that man!
Okay I've spent way too much time blogging. My back is rested so I better get back to work before the kids destroy the boxes I just finished putting together.

7 comments:

ben said...

we hate moving as well. robyn says moving sucks.

Max and Deborah said...

The pains of moving. Love saving $300, nice help in saving for that house. Love the Dishwasher!!! It is worth it.

Travis said...

I haven't commented forever (if ever) but I thought I'd say your kiddos are ADORABLE! I wish the boxing up and moving was into a U-Haul and to Rigby but if that is in you future it will come soon enough. Darin is a heckuva hard worker and a great Dad and you're a great Mom. I've never seen kids go to the Zoo and Museum like yours do. That's wonderful.

Keri said...

What unfun! Way to go. I love you guys and wish you luck in your move down the street and around the block or wherever. Chat at ya soon.

Jennie said...

good luck with your move! i think you are very brave to downsize!

good for you!

The Farlows said...

Calin and Bela are both pretty excited that you are moving closer to us! Even if it is only a whopping 30 seconds closer! LOL! Let me know if you need any help getting settled, I would love to keep the kiddos for you again if you need me!

Susan said...

you've been nominated...check out my blog for details.