Monday, August 18, 2008

Calinism

I'm pretty freaked out about sending Calin to 1st grade. There's a million reasons why, which I won't go into, but one of them is missing out on just listening to him talk. The other day we were trying unsuccessfully to convince him to eat a chicken sandwich and he said:

"If I have a snack and then dinner with cauliflower, cottage cheese, and some raviolis, I will eat it. But this...well sometimes things just don't work out."

I love when he says the most random unexpected things. It's depressing to think I won't be hearing them any where near as often!

9 comments:

Dave said...

Kate, that is HILARIOUS!! It makes me sad for when Gavin goes to school. I can only imagine the thought-provoking, age-defying logic that he is going to hit us with over the next four years. Calin is so awesome.

Nikki said...

that is really funny!! First grade will be fine. Noah is excited that Calin will be going to his school! What teacher does he have?

mom said...

I love that boy! He is like his mom with his thoughts. Treasure them.

Susan said...

and it's only begun! wait til he leaves on a mission!

Keri said...

I fell your pain sista. I have sent one of to 2nd grade already. And Xander starts Kindergarten on Monday. Then it's just me and Dawson every day for half the day. Craziness huh!

Missy said...

Cute boy, as always. So, what did he have for dinner that night? Trinity was in time out one day and said something while I was trying to talk to her so she could get out (don't remember what) that just cracked me up. I couldn't help but laugh, even though I tried not too.
Trin starts school the 9th!! Preschool anyhow.

Welcome to my World. said...

Random comments/thoughts, huh? Sounds just like his father!

Travis said...

Ok so I never comment but I read your posts all the time. You guys crack me up and I wish it had worked out that you could've moved up to our neck of the woods. Calin reminds me so much of Darin- just wait till he's a rambuncious teenager.

Travis said...

PS Tillie started First Grade today and it is almost heartbreaking to see them grow up this fast.