All went well the first night and morning. That afternoon a storm hit and our stuff got soaked. The water seeped right through the rainfly, which I had spent hours waterproofing earlier this summer. Stupid piece of crap tent. So we loaded up all the wet stuff and headed back home. Bummer, but the kids handled it really well.
The highlight of the trip:
Calin: getting to ride his bike around the campground all alone (w/training wheels, I forgot his helmet and pads).
Naiya: Sleeping in the big tent
Me: I almost figured out how swim again. But we were only in the lake about 30 minutes before the storm hit so that's all the practice I got. Go figure.
Darin: Sitting by the fire after the kids were asleep.

Oh, And can I just tell you I didn't wear makeup or do my hair at all, not even at home before I left. I just threw a headband in and called it good. Big thing for me. Not that I wear much makeup anyway, but it's part of my comfort zone. I did take a shower, but the showerhouse was surprisingly clean and well maintained.
1 comment:
camping? camping? camping? I just can't camp! but good for you that you can!
Post a Comment