Tuesday, August 12, 2008

blah blah blah

Today has been a bit of a diaster timing-wise. It started with the zoo, which wasn't a good idea when there is laundry/packing for camping to do. But, being a glutton for punishment, I decided what the heck, I'll try to go with the flow. Riiight. Do you know me? The zoo trip got off to a super late start and while I should have just thrown in the towel and started with the camping trip prep, I did it anyway. When I got home (over half an hour late mind you) my poor SIL was waiting for me in my backyard. I had completely lost track of time and forgotten I was supposed to meet her. Crap. We sat a while and talked with my neighbor (you remember Helen? I love her!) and waited for the boys to arrive. We hit CiCi's for dinner and rushed back home to bed. Since the kids were entirely wound up they didn't get to sleep until about 9. Very bad. They did the same thing yesterday. And I think the day before. I was hoping they I could sneak in a few extra hours before I got them overtired on a camping trip. It's a little too late for that though. I have very tired whiny kids on my hands and I'm one grouchy ball of PMS. I'm pissed off at a myriad of things (none of them being my dishes I heart you dishwasher) and things are just not going well.
My joints ache. My poor hips, knees ankles. Not in good shape. At the zoo, my friend decided we should walk up the big hill to the monkey house. Um, no. I think she secretly just wanted to torture me, though she claimed it was good for us. Ha! And so my fat butt hiked the hill in the hot sun. I could feel it in my knees and knew I'd be feeling it worse tonight. And so yeah, glutton for punishment, like I said. I don't know what's up with my joints anway. Since I was a kid I would aches in my knee, most often in the evenings or during the night. My mother would come sit on the side of my bed and rub it until it was numb so I could fall asleep. The doctor said it was just growing pains and I'd grow out of it. Not so much. Eventually the ache spread to my ankle and then my hip. So when I spend too much time on them during the day they ache like the dickens during the evening. I try to be careful about it, but, it's just part of life. I know I should have it looked into now and eventually I will. But until then The advil/tylenol helps. And when it gets too bad I put my dear husband to work rubbing them until they're numb so I can sleep. He's good to me like that.
Speaking of Darin. He's out grocery shopping for the trip right now. And shame on me I'm sitting on my butt waiting for the dryer. He just might kill me when he gets home.
Oh wait, I have to share one more quick thing. No wait, he's home! Love you all!

2 comments:

Susan said...

oh top of all that misery you are adding camping? are you nuts? I hate camping...oh, you knew that already, didn't you?

Missy said...

I remember you crying at night about your knees and ankles. We weren't as nice of sisters as we should have been. Sorry. I love you!