"Sack" races.
Swimming ended! Hallelujia! I was so stinking tired of driving to that dang pool. Naiya got more scared the longer she was in lessons. She did not enjoy jumping in the pool or going down the slide or off the diving board. She would just cry all morning saying how she didn't want to do those things, it just broke my heart. Though once she was in the pool she was okay (unless she thought that they might make her do those things, then she'd start crying randomly throughout the lesson).
We got the kids bunkbeds so on Wednesday I put them together. It took all freakin afternoon and evening (I'm including the time spent rearranging the furniture to see how things fit best-I tend to be rather indecisive so that alone sucked up a huge chunk of time). Now I'm the kind of girl that loves projects like this but I was cursing those beds by the end of the day. I'm feeling much better about them now, the kids adore them and there's a bit more space in their room. Naiya is thrilled to be in a big girl bed (she was still in a toddler bed) and to celebrate the occasion she picked out some pink princess sheets (not pictured). Exciting stuff when you're 3. (Yes, those are blankets hanging on the kids windows. A dark room is the only way to get them to go to bed before the sun. I bought shades but haven't bothered installing them yet. And yes the dresser has drawers, just hadn't got around to putting them back in at this point).
This is the kids pirate ship containing all their pirate loot for the day. This box from the bunks is perched carefully on the furniture to create upper and lower decks.
Naiya has taken a liking to jigsaw puzzles (much like her brother and myself). Notice the green linoleum in my new kitchen? I don't know if I should bask in it's grooviness or vomit in disgust.
5 comments:
I would bask in the grooviness!! Love the bunkbeds they are nice!
I love the bunkbeds. Poor Naiya, they shouldn't have pushed her to jump off anything if she wasn't ready, that's traumatizing.
wow! you are a busy girl! :)
LOL at the green linoleum comment. At least it's colorful. Mine is GRAY!.....Good job with the bunk beds!! Looks like the new place is coming right along :o)
i heart the green linoleum.
Post a Comment