Friday, December 26, 2008

The deaths of Christmas Eve

They say deaths come in 3's. I don't know if that's true or not but 3 things in my house died on Christmas Eve.
First, my alarm clock, which I've had for as long as I can remember. Since elementary school perhaps? It died at 6am, never making it to 6:01.

Next was my fish. We arrived home from our Christmas Eve festivities to find that my beta had died (don't worry, that's an empty fish bowl). He had a good 3 years.

Last, my timer. I put an apple pie in the oven and moved on to some last minute wrapping. The timer was ticking, but the bell never went off, and of course the pie burned. So sad.


So there you have it. Death in 3's. I have a backup clock, which I will have to dig through boxes to find. The fish will not be replaced, I'm glad to be free of fish feeding/bowl cleaning responsibilities that have been mine for the last 7 1/2 years. The timer will have to be replaced as soon as we have a few dollars back in the account.

1 comment:

Jennie said...

i am so sorry to hear about your losses...