I adore my car, I really do, but let's face it, it has issues. The most recent of the issues has been the windows fogging up and the "duh, turn on the defrost" was only making it worse. The more air that blew, the worse it got. So I took to driving it around cold and kept a pile of napkins next to the drivers seat so I could constantly wipe the windshield.
2 Sundays ago I hit the last straw. I jumped on the highway on my way home from church fully expecting the car to fog up, but instead it frosted over, on the inside. You can't wipe frost with a napkin. Calin and I used credit cards to wipe the windows we could reach, but it wasn't enough. I could barely see out the windshield, and it was frosting faster than I could scrape. I couldn't figure out if the heater was making it worse or better. It was a pretty crappy stressful drive and once I got home I told Darin I would not be driving that deathtrap again until it was fixed.
Luckily it finally occurred to him what might be wrong. This past summer (or spring) when I was having other issues with the car (can't remember what they were) Darin took a part out of my car and ordered a new one, which he never got around to installing. Apparently this little part controls the little door that determines if the vent gets fresh outside air, or recycled inside air. And with the part removed, the little door was stuck closed. So I was trying to defrost the windows with warm recycled air which was much too moist and caused the fog. On Saturday Darin installed the part and lo and behold, the windshield defrosts again. Yay!
So now I can love my car again, which is important to me. And have I mentioned that it has music now? Darin got a great deal on a refurbished MP3 player for me for Christmas. It was so weird driving around yesterday listening to music I hadn't memorized over the last 7 years. Weird. But boy am I thrilled. I can't wait to put some new music on that thing! Especially childrens music, b/c if I have to listen to The Little People sing The Itsy Bitsy Spider one more time I might lose it.
3 comments:
Ah! What a sweet guy. For all the windshield grief, you for sure deserve that cute pink case!!
how lucky can you get....no fog and music to boot.....I have my juggling things out and I'm ready...let's find a Monday FHE that's free and get on with my goal.
Oh the love of cars. We are down to one car right now because Ty's needs a new timing belt. And if you drive on a bad timing belt, it can ruin the entire engine. And then we would need to replace the whole stinking engine. Not so cheap.
Post a Comment