Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday's put-off-the-chores blog

My camera is growing on me. I've been playing around with all the settings, trying to figure out which ones are best for saving the batteries and I'm finally getting a feel for how it operates. I just put in like the 8th set of batteries (haven't bought rechargeables yet) and hopefully with the settings changed they'll last longer.
I miss my Elph. I didn't realize how convenient that camera was, so small and light and I could use it with one hand. This one is much heavier, and bigger, and I have to hold it with 2 hands (probably b/c my hands are freakishly small, I imagine a normal person could hold it one handed).
One huge difference I've noticed-the zoom. My elph was the SD400 with 3x zoom. This one has a 10x zoom It's so nice to not have to get right close to an object to photograph it! I've been playing with the zoom to see the difference, it will take some getting used to, but I like it.

I took those shots from several feet away while playing with the zoom (Naiya put the melty chocolate chips on my couch pillow, don't worry, they didn't stay there long). I'm determined to learn how to take a decent photo. And if that means thousands of lousy shots for every 1 good one, that's fine with me. That's the beauty of digital. And someday I'll have the time and money to take a class. :)
A few other recent photos:





Oh, and Keri, check it out, my Scentsy warmer came! It's double the size I thought it'd be, but I dig it. And my house smells heavenly! Cranberry spice-Mmm!

4 comments:

ben said...

the screen on the back of the camera is normally what sucks batteries in digital cameras. if you figure out how to turn that off between shots or even (gasp) look thru the viewfinder like people used to that may help. BTW- i think the ice cover trees shot is great.

Susan said...

Kate...you are amazing....the crumble cake cookies, the lovely pictures, enjoying the warming/scenting thing, sharing with all you have. You are a Christmas elf that lasts all year.

Keri said...

Yeah I'm glad you like it. There awsome huh!!! I have several warmers and 2 are always going. So my house is always yummy. Right now Blueberry Cheesecake. Yesterday it was Amaretto.

Dan said...

Kate, the digital photo class Missy and I took here only cost 22 dollars. Perhaps you should move here and take one! Great pics, by the way. The Ninja Wiseman made me laugh out loud!