Thursday, January 15, 2009

My daughter the Smurf

Yesterday while I was sanding Calin's Pinewood Derby car, Miss Naiya was happily coloring in the other room. Apparently she got bored with the paper and opted for a more creative outlet for her artistic genius. Thank you Crayola for understanding the importance of a washable marker. Did you know when you wash blue marker out of skin you are left with a layer of purple marker which will then wash out leaving the soapy water just as purple as it was blue. I found that to be a bit mind boggling. I thought Blue was a primary color, so what's it doing with a purple base? Someone please explain that to me. Dad, you understand that stuff, do enlighten me.







It wasn't until bathtime that I discovered she had also colored her legs. Then today she colored her hand/arm a nice shade of magenta. Needless to say the markers are now on top of the fridge.

7 comments:

Dan said...

You've got a blueberry for a daughter!

Missy said...

Holy cow that makes me laugh. What a goofball. Glad you got pictures of it instead of mad!

Dave said...

KATE: We've got to let the air out of her, quick!

WONKA: There's no air in there.

KATE: Hmm?

WONKA: That's juice.

KATE: Juice?!?

WONKA (to Oompa Loompa): Would you roll the young lady down to the juicing room at once, please.

KATE: What for?

WONKA: For squeezing. She has to be squeezed immediately before she explodes.

KATE: Explodes?!?

WONKA: It's a fairly simple operation.

Anonymous said...

That is so comical. At least it wasn't a permanent marker. Then you would really have a problem. Have her do some dishes with a bowl of soap water and a few drops of bleach. It will lighten it up quick. Good luck.

P.S. I'll give you an answer when I see you at church..

mom said...

She sure looks like she enjoyed herself. Even markers need a time out. Wonder how old she'll be when she gets them back?

Dad said...

LOL

Keri said...

That is too funny. Don't use Magic Eraser. That takes skin off too. My friend Emma discovered that the hard way. On her kid's foreheads.