As is the tradition for ringing in a New Year, I've made a resolution.
This year I'm going to work on being self-disciplined. Of course a list-loving girl like myself could go crazy breaking that resolution down into various subcategories and details-but not this year. This year I'm keeping it simple with an easy reminder to keep better control of myself. I've had a rough few years and finally feel like I'm becoming balanced again-which is a really good thing-so being more self-disciplined is the natural next step. If I can only stop doing things that are harmful to me, and start doing things that will help, then the rest of my issues will fall into place. That's my theory anyway.
It's all about portion control(and I'm not talking Weight Watchers here)-finding the right balance of things in my life, and dividing my time properly between them. I tend to spend too much time on certain things while neglecting others altogether. Since I can't resist making at least some kind of list, here is a simplified look into my brain; things I need more or less of to be better balanced:
MORE:
Laughter
Family/friends
Fun
Healthful eating
Exercise
Sleep
Sex
Homemaking
Charity
Scriptures
Time for myself
LESS:
Computer
Sweets
Worry
Laziness
Tears
Remorse
Procrastination
Doubt
And lastly, I will remember more often the serenity prayer:
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
7 comments:
I love the sex part....
Just continue those lists and as you accomplish and perfect them one at a time, then jump to the next one...Don't forget sex.
LOL... LOL...love ya.
Check out my new blog...
http://inspirationallettersbymillie.blogspot.com
Chapter one was published today.
I think it should be more AND less. You don't want to have to pick one or the other! :)
Great list, and great quote. My grandmother used to say that one a lot.
Keep us updated on how you do throughout the year!
Let me know how I can help you keep that balance in your life! I may be 1800 miles away, but only in distance. You know I am never more than a phone call, IM, email or facebook away from you. Love ya tons and tons.
I know how determined you can be when you make up your mind to do something so you can accomplish these goals. Darin will sure be happy. Let me know if I can help.
I know that you will do great at your goals. I try to never make any goals. I find that growing thing goes into effect, and I don't like it. It's like when you pray for strenght, the Lord gives you weaknesses to overcome to make you stronger. So if I decide to loose weight I get sent donuts and cookies. I get fatter. Good luck on your goals.
What a great list!
You go girl. That's a great list. I wish I could make more lists like that. Well, techniqually I can but, sticking to it would be a whole nother story.
Post a Comment