Calin had a blast at the derby. I'd never been to one and was surprised at how little there was to it. There were a few tables set up with the cars on them, a track, a screen telling you who was racing and who was on deck, and of course the Uber-Scout doing an intro for each boy. It was fun to watch the boys excitement during the racing, they had such a great time. Miraculously, Calin remained in control of himself and wasn't one of the kids running up and down the bleachers scaring the wits out of me that one was going to fall (I don't why, but bleachers really frighten me). While the older boys were racing Calin built a little stand for his car and we all got free pizza for lunch. Can't beat that.
Here's Calin's car. You can't see it, but he painted the bottom red with orange stripes.
5 comments:
The car has got a lot of class. Racing stripes and all. I think that it is a winner.
I remember those fun times with your brothers. Wonder if they still do a regatta. Seems like I remember them making boats too. Calin's car looks neat. Glad you all had fun.
Can you believe I am the one who plans all those pack meeting activities for my ward. Yeah, I am all that. Scouts will be one area I am a pro at. Mom, we still do a raingutter regatta. It's up to the wards. Our pinewood derby is in April. For next month I am busy planning our Blue and Gold banquet. I am just a party planner.
He makes such a cute tiger cub. Great car too.
bleachers oughta scare everyone....they are stinkin' nasty. I always felt an escalator would be the best way to get up and down them. Me? I prefer to sit on the bottom or up 1
Post a Comment