So today I'm having a blah day. It's dreary outside and in. My house is a mess and I have no desire to clean it. I thought maybe I'd go to the library (which I've been meaning to do for several days b/c I have overdue movies) but even that I'm not feeling up to. I don't feel like visiting anyone or having anyone over. The house and the weather are equally getting me down. Even poor Naiya is feeling the blah-ness of the day. I was on a short phone call when I realized she had disappeared. I soon found that her bedroom door was closed with the lights out and she was cuddled up in bed for a nap. Poor kid. I feel ya babe. I wish it was that easy for me to take a nap. Now would be the perfect time to do it, with her asleep and all. But for me to nap it has to be premeditated, change into comfy clothes, take out my contacts (they've been really weird with naps lately), decide if I'm going to do a couch nap or a bed nap. It requires too much thought. And by the time I was ready for it, I wouldn't be able to sleep. Instead I'd lie awake thinking about how many other things I should be doing and my guilt/anxiety would keep me awake. However if I happened to sit down on the couch and pick up a book I'd be out in a matter of minutes, but then I probably wouldn't sleep very restfully. Go figure. Curse you Thursday in all your blah-ness.
I do think I might have to give in and attempt a nap. I had a restless night last night (as did Naiya, which is why she's tired). I don't know what was up with her, but I wish she hadn't involved me in it. She didn't sleep well and Darin has a sprained ankle and can't help, so I was up and down throughout the night. And when I did sleep I had a crazy dream about Darin leaving me b/c he fell in love with someone else (that dream is a whole post by itself so I'll spare you the details). That left me pretty depressed, and I know it was just a dream, but sometimes those feelings are hard to shake. Not sure why.
Anyhow. I might as well attempt to sleep before Calin comes home and tests my patience.
G'night!
2 comments:
That sounds like my day today- It never fails, the one day I don't blow dry my hair and get ready my neighbor pops over unannounced. Thank goodness tomorrows Friday.
I hear ya, girl. I'm having a blah Tuesday. I had just convinced myself that maybe I deserved a little nap, when my kids came home from the neighbors unexpectedly early. Oh well. Oh, and I have weird post-dream-hard-to-shake-feelings ALL THE TIME! Glad to know I'm not the only one. Well, here's to having a non-blah Wednesday tomorrow!
Post a Comment