For Family Home Evening last week we read the story Sunday Stations and the kids got pretty fired up about starting them this week.
For our Sunday Stations we did 4 stations: Letter, story, coloring, and computer stations. We wrote notes to family, read religious stories, colored church pics, and explored the new Friend Magazine site on LDS.org (for basic info on the LDS church, try this link).
Anyhow, it was a great way to pass the evening (after naptime and home teaching of course). The kids had so much fun, we're definitely making this a new Sabbath Day routine. At FHE we made a list of possible stations so we can mix things up, but we also look forward to adding more as we go, especially as the kids get older.
So if you haven't read the story yet, click one of the above links (one shows the pages from the magazine, the other is just text) and read it soon. Whether you're LDS or not, kids will definitely benefit from these kind of activities.
Enjoy!
And if the links don't work, just let me know in my comments and I'll steer you in the right direction.
3 comments:
i enjoyed that article when I read it. I wonder if Trinity would enjoy something like that.
What a neat thing to do. I admire the way you guys are always trying to teach the kids and using fun ways to do it. Keep up the good work-and I do mean work.
I bet Trin would love it Miss.
Hey I just checked this out...seems pretty cool. Good for you for keeping things interesting.
Post a Comment