Monday, March 16, 2009

where credit is due.

I have found yet another reason to love my dishwasher. Sure I love it b/c it does all the hard work while I simply have to rinse and load. And it keeps my sink and counters dish free. Plus it hides all the dirty dishes and gives them somewhere to drip dry so I don't have a dish drainer taking up precious counter space. Oh how I love this space saving, hard working machine. Shame on those of you who don't appreciate this appliance for what it is.
Anyhow, another reason to love my dishwasher. I burned my hand with some boiling water yesterday, and since I burn my hands on occasion, I have discovered it's quite painful to stick a burn into a sink full of hot water. Not happening. So when that has happened the dishes have piled up. Not this time though, this time I could rinse and load as usual, with only the occasional drop of stinging hot water.
And you might say "Hey stupid, why don't you just wear rubber gloves?" My answer is no. They do not make rubber gloves to fit my chubby short fingered hands. Small sized gloves don't fit the width and the fingers hang at least an inch off my fingertips. The larger sizes hang off 2 inches. I cannot tell you how obnoxious it is to wear gloves that are too big. I won't do it.
So dishwasher, once again you've saved me from a sink and countertop full of dishes. You might be old, and ugly, and oh so very loud, but you get the job done and I love you for it.

3 comments:

mom said...

Glad you like your dishwasher-I loved all 5 of mine.
Sorry about your glove dilemma-that's the Cook side in you.

Dan said...

My goodness! Gloves are the worst! Currently, I have a pair of little boy's medium camouflage gloves! You buy what fits! Eventually the palms stretch!

Susan said...

there is nothing better than a dishwasher....I love rubber gloves but I have the opposite problems. I need the large ones but then I have similar complaints. But I grew up with the gloves and I'm a bit repulsed at some textures and slime.