Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Resolutions Revisited.

A fellow blogger friend has called her readers out on her blog. Are we still focused on our new Years goals? Do we even remember them? For me, the answer is yes.
I remember them all right. Some I'm not quite ready to work on yet, others I'm improving. For me a New Years resolution is about change, not perfection, and it only happens with baby steps. But I know I'll get there eventually.
So the goals I've been working on so far:
1. Be on time, early even. I'm getting better, especially with church. Sure I've still had some bad weeks, but I'm getting better.
2. Be more prepared. I had actually resolved to just give up trying to be prepared when our Primary President had a board meeting revolving around this very topic. That humbled me sufficiently and I've been doing so much better. Especially with my Sunbeam lessons. I'm still waiting until Saturday night to prepare them, but instead of rushing through so I can pop in a movie, I spend several hours working on them. My goal is to do them sometime during the week, but like I said, baby steps.
3. Fasting monthly. Every month our church has a fast Sunday. And every month I forget. So my goal for this year was to fast once a month. I got January down okay but then dropped the ball in February and March. But I won't let that discourage me it's not too late to still do March. I think my testimony of fasting isn't as strong as it ought to be, which is all the more reason to do it.
Those three are the ones I've been consciously working on so far.
Next up, daily scripture study, exercise, and healthier eating.

4 comments:

Susan said...

still cannot juggle but i keep at it. Maybe i'm not meant to but I literally drop the ball(s) on that goal. As to fasting, it always has come easy for me but there are those certain Sundays (like last when we were on the road for 9 hours) that I haven't. But that doesn't mean I can't pick another day in the month...so you can too....but there is always April! and may, and june, and july, and august, and september, and october and november and december and THEN january, etc. Aren't you glad I stopped?

Welcome to my World. said...

Very nice! You know, having a blog to write down these goals for public view makes it that much more difficult to ignore them. Grrr to blogger! Next year, I won't tell anybody my goals and then no harm in not reaching them. :)

Missy said...

Good goals Kate. I can't fast with nursing and couldn't when I was pregnant. I remember when the fam had the fast for Layton, I really wanted to join in. I did, but was pretty weak and dizzy, and that was with a partial fast. I want to get to the temple soon since Ivan goes long enough between eating.

Dan said...

Missy, let us know when you're ready to go!