Well, I survived, and I even managed to get it all done. The baptism went well, I'll post about that later. I just needed to blog tonight to celebrate making it through this chaotic month. Once the baptism was over all I had to worry about was sharing time. I had to skip sacrament meeting to finish prepping it (I think the Primary Pres was ready to panic when she didn't see me) but I think it went well. Then after church we got to visit with one of Darin's old high school buddies and his beautiful wife and children. It's always a treat to catch up with friends. My poor children though, 3 late nights in a row, and you know how anal I am about bedtime. Naiya's night was particularly late, as she was getting ready for bed she was standing on the counter in her room (remember the sink/counter in the bedroom) and I don't know if she slipped getting down or what, but she split her chin open and I had to take her in for 3 stitches. Poor girl didn't get to bed until 10:45. She was a champ with the stitches though. I told her the doctor was going to close her chin back up but conveniently left out the stitches part until the drive home. She got a whole slew of Tinkerbell stickers and even picked up some Bolt stickers for her sticker-hating brother. It was thoughtful though, just like last week when Calin asked the doc for an extra pack of whoppers for Naiya. Very sweet.
What a month though, whew! I'm exhausted after so much busy-ness and so little sleep. Tomorrow we're spending Memorial Day in Yellowstone. And then on Tuesday I'm not doing a dang thing. I'm going to spend the day with my Mother-In-Law and Percy Jackson. :)
2 comments:
Congrats on making it thru your month and surviving! I'm so glad things went well with Calin's big day. Saw Mel's pic's-looking forward to seeing yours.
Didn't Naiya fall and split her chin when you guys lived here? Too bad for the stitches but it could have been worse. I'm just glad it wasn't.
So sorry we could not be there to to be with you guys this week. Sounds like you had a very busy time. Memorial day David and I went diving, and then grilled burgers and dogs when we got home. Your grandparents were there. With that behind us, now it time to start getting some bedrooms ready for some family that is coming to visit us. Maybe you know about that.
Post a Comment