Sunday, May 9, 2010

Miss me?

Wow, it's been almost a month since I posted last! It's been a busy month. Lately, I have had a lot of non-stop days where I'm running from one task to the next without a break. Friday, for instance, was one of those days (there was no school) and this is what my day looked like:
Bake dessert
Kindergarten Registration
Teacher luncheon (PTO) & clean up
Library
Eye Dr (to order contacts)
Grocery shopping
Home for dinner
T-ball for Naiya
Drop off kids at Grandma's
Benefit dinner & clean up
Pick up kids, put them to bed
Relax (finally) and watch a movie
Almost every day this week has been like that and the house work is suffering immensely. I had every intention of cleaning yesterday but just couldn't build up the motivation to do it. Darin was sweet and cleaned for an hour and then insisted we leave the house (which I needed to get me out of my funk). We drove out to see some newborn horses then headed to Jackson Hole. We took the kids to this fun candy store then hit the movies and saw How to Train Your Dragon (cute movie!). It was nice to take a day off, but now today I'm looking around at the clutter with a lot of regret. Next week will be much calmer so I'll be able to put the house back in order, which is a really good thing b/c the week after that will be just as chaotic as this one. 4 more weeks of school, and 5 weeks until I head to Ohio (not that I'm counting down *ahem*). Anyhow, I have a few pictures to post but that will have to wait since church is in 45 minutes and I'm not ready, neither are the kids, and I still have to feed them lunch (Darin is at PEC, I wish they would have canceled it for Mother's Day).

4 comments:

Millie said...

And your son had the nerve to say you do nothing at home. He needs a wake up call.

Keri said...

I've missed you sis.

Dad said...

Isn't being a mom great? It the Best Title on earth. Being a great mom isn't just having the babies. It is all about ball games, outings, movies, going places and enjoying the little things with your kids.

mom said...

Yes! I'm counting down too. At least when you're busy you sleep better. I do anyway.