Yesterday at recess Calin was playing soccer and ran into a pole and hurt his collar bone. I guess he was watching the ball or something instead of where he was running. I was inside working the Book Fair when it happened so I got him an ice pack and sent him back to class. I came back to the school a while later for his music concert and he was still hurting so we headed across the street for an X-ray. Sure enough, he fractured it. The doctor called it a green stick fracture or something like that, the bone sort of bent in but didn't break apart, like a green stick would. It should heal itself and the bone will go back to normal. It will take a long time but he should be back to playing in a week or so. In the meantime we have him wearing a sling to help him keep his shoulder relaxed. Poor kid, it sucks to get hurt, especially on your birthday.
I snapped this shot of the X-ray on the computer when the doc stepped out (how convenient that I had my camera from the music program).

You can see how the bone on the left is curved down instead of straight like the right one.

Calin's B-day was very subdued. Here he is reading a birthday note from Naiya.
5 comments:
HEY! I found you!
My blog is private, but I will send you an invite right over.
I am sorry Calin had to go to the ER on his birthday. Poor kid.
Good thing kids are so resilant.
Thank God it wasn't broken...that is a great blessing. The Lord has definitely been protecting him after 2 major scares in one week...give Him all the praise.
Little boys bounce back fast. Sorry this had to happen so close to summer. He will be back to ball playing in no time at all.
The worst part was probably missing the skeet shoot w his dad. Glad he's on the road to recovery.
He'll remember his 8th bd for more than one reason.
I hope he heals fast. Bouce back fast Calin man!!
Post a Comment