We had a nice holiday. Darin had to work Christmas Eve so the kids and I cleaned the house and baked the pies. I finally got to try out my apple peeler/corer/slicer--LOVE it!
Missy invited us over for dinner on Christmas Eve and as always it was good food, good friends, and good fun. I love being with my family, the more the merrier in my opinion, but this was just a quiet get together with them and us. No wait, the word "quiet" has not ever, nor will it ever, describe a Bruderer gathering, no matter how small the numbers. Silly me. Anyhow, I digress. We headed home, put out reindeer food, cookies & milk, ran around the house searching for stockings (darn things were boxed up in the basement) and got to bed way too late. Christmas morning was the typical excitement and joy you'd expect, not much to be said there.
Later that day my in-laws came over and we had a quiet cozy holiday. They are leaving for their mission to Omaha, Nebraska on Saturday so we took them over to see our house. It's just about done! In fact, I think technically it *is* done. There is a layer of construction dust covering every surface of the house, and we're keeping an ongoing list of items we want fixed before we sign, but other than that everything is in. Just about the only thing I haven't posted yet is the carpet.
They are set to finish on the 28th, we do our walk through on the 30th, then they need a few days to fix anything we find wrong. We're tentatively scheduled to close on the 5th, if not sooner. And so we're back to packing, and back to boxes. Here we go again!

4 comments:
Your own home. Maybe you can say good by to the moving boxes for good. We can't wait to see it.
Won't be long now.
Nothing better than family get togethers. Kinda makes you wonder why you didn't appreciate each other more as you were growing up.
A NEW house for Christmas how wonderful is that. I'm so excited for you. I'm glad you had a great Christmas. Missed you guys tons. Love you.
Best Christmas present ever! A house would be wonderful. Merry Christmas, and good luck with the short move.
Post a Comment