We celebrated the 4th a little early this year. We headed to Driggs for the Celebrate America event put on by Huntsman Springs. From what I heard, Jon Huntsman uses the proceeds from his golf course to fund his cancer research center down in Utah. How awesome! This day of events was free and open to the public, and it was wonderful! It was a bit crowded though, Mr. Huntsman invited Glenn Beck to come and speak again this year. I heard his speech last year was wonderful and patriotic, not political. People seem to either love him or hate him, but me, I've never listened to the guy before and couldn't care less. Still though, people came from all over to hear him and I don't think they left disappointed. Us though, we just went for the fun of the event, hearing an inspirational speech was just a perk that came along with the day.

 |
| There were tons of planes and jets flying overhead. Don't tell Darin I can't remember what any of them were called. Just know that he was impressed and enjoyed the show. |
 |
| Waited in line forever for this. The things we do for kids. |
 |
| The hypnotist show was hilarious, here are the victims doing ballet. |
 |
| More bounce house fun. |
 |
| Pig racing sounded awesome but lasted all of 3 seconds. We spent more time listening to the guy tell us to stay behind the rope than watching the pigs race for 3 seconds, once around the tiny track. |
 |
| We had fabulous seats for the main stage. BYI-Orchestra. |
 |
| A bit of down time. |
 |
| Always dancing. |
 |
| Glenn Beck |
 |
| They had the best fireworks show I've ever seen. |
It took us an hour to get out of the parking lot, and another hour to drive home, but it was so worth it. We had a fabulous family day that was relaxing, fun, and memorable.
1 comment:
Looks like all of you had a good time. The fireworks pic's are great. More good memories.
Post a Comment