Friday, July 1, 2011

Making me smile today

My computer troubles are finally over (for real this time)! Darin installed a new hard drive, but that turned out to be a huge waste of time. My computer was too old to support all of the new systems and the entire thing was out of whack. Not to mention it had more dust in it than we could clean out so the fans were always running, the sliding door wouldn't stay closed, and the cd tray had to be taped shut. It just wasn't happening so he broke down and bought me this beauty:
He found me a girly one, isn't it pretty? I love it! I've got it up and running, all of my files transferred over successfully, and I finally feel like things are back to normal. But better normal. I'm one spoiled lady! Thanks, hon!
Good bye, my old friend, you served me well.


In other news, my kids finished swimming lessons today. Naiya can put her face in the water now without freaking out and without plugging her nose. She is the kid who wants her eyes dried off if she gets splashed in the bathtub, so this is huge progress for her. Her next lessons will focus on swimming unassisted, so hopefully we'll get her swimming before the summer is out.





I don't know how much Calin learned in his lessons. He already knows how to swim but this focused more on breathing and technique. Every time I looked over at him he was diving under the water and waiting while the teacher worked with kids one at a time. I seemed like a waste of time to me, but he's a little fish and was happy to be in the water even when it was freezing outside.


The new pool, Rexburg Rapids (click to enlarge) The lap pool is on the left, and in front and to the right is the kiddie end with just a few inches of water. In the back the slides exit into a smaller pool connected to a lazy river. Fun stuff, but a little pricey for my budget.

1 comment:

mom said...

Good for Naiya. Wish Calin could swim with Gpa. He would love to have a gson join him. Too bad he's too young to scuba dive. Dad would really get a kick out of that.
Congrats on the new computer. Ypu deserve it.