Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Books. Movies. Crayons. Music. Snacks.

We made the 16-hour drive out to Omaha, Nebraska to visit Darin's parents who are serving a mission there. The drive went well, the kids were good, and Darin and I had some wonderful conversations. We only had 3 short days there but we are so glad we went. The Herzoffs took us to the zoo and showed us around the tabernacle and the trail center. They kept the kids so Darin and I could go on a date (to see The Hunger Games). The kids dyed eggs and we spent Easter Sunday at their tiny ward. It was a nice trip and I think it was important for the kids to see Grandma and Grandpa as missionaries.
Stretching our legs at a rest stop.
Naiya brought a clipboard to the zoo. She checked off a letter of the alphabet for each animal she found beginning with that letter.
 




The aquarium at the zoo was awesome. I've always wanted to go in one like this with a tunnel under the water so you could see the fish swimming over you. Seriously awesome.
 


They had tons of jellyfish. I could have stayed and watched them for hours, they were completely mesmerizing.
Dying Easter Eggs


At the tabernacle in Kanesville






A special thanks to Elder and Sister Herzoff for showing us a wonderful time. They gave up their bedroom for us, kept us fed, and are such a good example for us to follow. We love you!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Glad you had a good time.

mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mom said...

Wish you'd included a pic of the Herzoff's.
Looks like it was a great trip. Good memories for sure.
There's now an Aquarium in Clev next time you get back this way.
I agree it's a great example for the kids to see their Gparents on a mission.
Love the pic's of the flowers.

Kate said...

Crap! Mom, I just realized I didn't take any! I had meant to take some of the whole family and the kids with them, but completely forgot!!!