Guess who's the Idaho State Handwriting Champion?
There were over 300,000 entries from all grade levels, and my pint sized 6 year old took home the medal! Naiya didn't know she won, the school wanted to surprise her. A
representative from Zaner-Bloser came to school today to present her
with a medal. It was decided that they would present it during her class
dress rehearsal for their "Three Piggies Opera." Because of the Opera,
Naiya wanted me to curl her hair, and since I knew it'd be a special day
for her, I got up early and curled it. I don't curl her hair very often, b/c like mine, hers doesn't hold curl very well. In fact, I imagine I'll be curling it again
before the Opera this evening. Her happy face is totally worth it though!
Darin and Calin were able to join me and see her get her award. Have I mentioned how nice it is that Darin isn't working in Driggs anymore!? He would have had to miss this!
 |
| This is Tammy from Zaner-Bloser calling Naiya up front. |
 |
| Tammy brought her a gift bag full of writing goodies, a perfect gift for my little artist! |
 |
| I love her sweet little smile! |
 |
| That's her principal, Mrs. Lamb on the right. |
 |
| And her amazing teacher who taught her to write so well, Mrs. McCoy. |
I should mention that there were 2 state winners, the other child is from Hibbard, our neighboring elementary school.
I apologize for the crappy quality of my photos. I wish I could say they're terrible b/c they're phone pics, but they're not. They're from my regular camera. My camera is awful and seems to be getting worse as the years go on. I think it's time to get a new one. (hint, hint, Darin).
5 comments:
Congratulations to Naiya! That's awesome!
-Rachel Hubbard
What an honor! She looked beautiful. What did she say when they called her up?
Maybe Bday=camera.
Pic's from tonight's performance?
Way to go little lady. Aunt Keri and Uncle Tyler are so proud of you. You have better handwritting than a lot of adults.
you mom told me about the award..I must have missed this entry. but that is so incredibly wonderful. Handwriting is so important....I sure wish schools spent more time on instructing it. anymore, it's not even being required around here!
ooh! Congrats to your DD!!
Post a Comment