Can you believe my little monkey turned 10 today! He wanted a family party this year, with just the 4 of us, and since I was busy with several other things, I was happy to oblige. Darin took him to see The Avengers, and Naiya and I wrapped gifts, decorated, and picked up some pizza to surprise him when they got home.
After lunch we did presents and cake. The first gift Calin opened were these little round magnets that he spent a great deal of time playing with before moving on. It reminded me of his first Christmas when he opened his first gift, a set of stacking cups, and then refused to open anything else, he was completely in love with those cups!
 |
| Naiya made him this organizer to hold a few of his things (a b-day card, a pen, and his watch). |
 |
| I think he was pretty surprised to get this BB gun. |
 |
| "You'll shoot your eye out, kid." |
 |
| After not snowboarding at all this past winter, he was very thrilled to get a season pass to Targhee for next year. |
 |
| This is just a homemade pass until he gets up there to get his picture taken for the real one. |
 |
| Like his parents, he's not a big fan of birthday cake so he opted for an oreo ice cream cake instead. |
After cake we headed to the school for a fundraiser (more on that in the next post). Calin got to spend the evening playing on the playground, jumping in the bounce house, and eating sugar for dinner since he was pretty much unsupervised. Sounds like a good birthday to me, I hope he enjoyed it!
1 comment:
I think it sounded like a great bday.
Hard to believe my oldest Gson is 10. Not sure where the years are going.
Post a Comment