Saturday, May 26, 2012

One Hit Wonders dance recital


This has been a great year for dance class. She had an amazing teacher (Miss Joy), and I had a fun time chatting with the other moms during her classes. The recital theme was One Hit Wonders and her class did a lyrical number "We are the World" as well as tap "Dancing in the Moonlight." I've got to say, tap was fun to watch these girls learn, so much noise with everyone out of step! But as the year progressed and they got better, it finally began to sound like dancing, not just a bunch of tapping chaos.
As always happens, we were running late so I only got a few hurried shots before the recital, and a few more afterward. I can't get the videos to upload, so I'll see what I can do about that.
Her costume for lyrical.



Miss Joy owns the studio and is a fabulous teacher.

Goofing off after the show

This is her tap costume. The song was "Dancing in the Moonlight"



2 comments:

mom said...

Why does she look so grown up? Beautiful costumes. Can't wait to see the video.

Keri said...

Oh my goodness. I love the tap costume. How cute is this little monkey.