 |
| Who knew popcorn was so exciting? Darin was gone on a training campout so the kids and I had movie night. |
I love how sweet the kids are on Mother's Day! We had a quiet day at home.
 |
| As you can see, Calin is thrilled that I'm taking this photo |
 |
| The kids surprised me with an "I love you" made out of legos. |
 |
| Naiya explained to me that these are 2 ducks kissing, me and her. |
The 4th Graders set up a "Wax Museum" for parents to come visit. The entire room was decked out much like in the photo below, they painted huge backdrops for the wall and floor and made tons of cabins and props using boxes and stuff. Each scene represented something from Idaho History that they had learned throughout the year. The kids took poses and when the parents came to their scene and pressed a button (a tap light) they would come alive and read a little blurb about their character then go back to their original pose. What a fun idea, and they all did a wonderful job!
 |
| Calin played William Clark of Lewis and Clark (apparently Clark was a redhead so he was the perfect choice). |
 |
| Calin in his canoe. |
The costume is courtesy of DI. I found a brown jacket and bought a
matching T-shirt to cut up and sew on as fringe for the back seam,
pockets, and under the arms. I also bought the belts to add some flair.
Not bad for only having one day to come up with a costume (okay
technically I knew about it for weeks, but with 800 things on my plate this month, I
literally only had one day to devote to finding a costume). Calin hates hats so I didn't bother getting one.
2 comments:
Love seeing pic's of the kids and their creations.
Tell Calin I hate hats too. Seems like his hair is getting darker or is it just the pic's?
How fun. What a great mom you are. Good ob on the costume.
Post a Comment