We took the kids to see 7 Brides for 7 Brothers last night. Darin acted in that play when he was in High School so after Family Home Evening on Monday we watched part of his performance. The kids got a kick out of seeing him so young, actually, I think we all did.
Darin had to work in Idaho Falls anyway, so I drove the kids up to meet him for dinner before the show, after dinner we had time to kill and the weather was absolutely perfect, so we walked around the falls for a while, something we've never done even though we live so close. It's really pretty over there, we could have spent all evening exploring the area.
The show didn't start until 7:30, which is much too late in my opinion, but the kids are older and it is summer so we decided to go anyway. Before the show started, a lady came out to welcome us and, and then announced that "in the tradition of the theater, Mr. such and such from the _____ stake would be starting us off with a word of prayer." Wait. What!? I thought that was pretty bizarrely awesome that they offered a prayer. Have I mentioned how much I love living in southeast Idaho? There is such a wonderful community here and I'm so glad to be raising my children in it.
The production was wonderful and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. Naiya got tired and asked a few times if it was past her bedtime, but she stayed awake the entire time and even on the drive home (we didn't get home until 10:30, so she was pretty tuckered). I had to wake her up at 9:25 this morning to make sure she had time to eat breakfast before swimming lessons. But it was worth totally worth it and we'll be sure to go back every year from now on.
2 comments:
will always be one of my fav movies. perhaps it's time to watch it again. I never could decide which brother I liked best.
Dad too loves that movie. Still watches it when its on TMC. Neat to start with prayer.
Post a Comment