We spent the night at Darin's parent's house in Driggs this past weekend. His mother, along with her brothers, inherited several acres when their parents were killed in a car crash (before Darin was born). The property is up on State Line road, across the street from Wyoming in the shadow of the Tetons. It is beautiful land full of lots of old farm buildings, sheds and old houses where the family used to live.
We went up b/c his parents are still on their mission, and their renters have just moved out. The Nielsen's joined us so Curtis could help Darin move some stuff to get the house ready for a 4th of July Bruderer Family shin dig.
Despite being stressed about sharing time, and hormonal, I had a really good time. Darin dropped us off at the house Friday afternoon, then headed for work in Victor. One of the renters was there packing a load up in his truck, so the kids and I just sat under the trees and ate lunch. The weather was amazing, the breeze was blowing just slightly, rustling the leaves of the quacking aspens and creating the most peaceful atmosphere. It was exactly what I needed. I sat there for several hours watching the kids play and letting my mind detox from all the stress. I practiced my sharing time on the kids while we waited, then pulled out my new camera to test it out. (Darin took my hint and got me a Canon Rebel for my B-day. I was expecting another Elph but he surprised me!).
Eventually the Nielsen's showed up and Darin came back. The boys worked hard moving things around, but they played too. Curtis had brought his fifty and 4 wheeler, and they all brought golf clubs. On Saturday morning Darin took me out on the 4 wheeler and we drove all over the area. We explored the property and traveled the nearby roads, both of which are overflowing with memories for him to share with me. It was such a perfect impromptu mini-date, we could have spent the entire day exploring.
Anyhow, here are a few shots from the trip.
 |
| That would be a dead moose. Very random. And yes, that blurry spot is a dead bug on the windshield. |
 |
| The kids were glad to find this swing still holding strong in the tree. |
 |
| Naiya let me take a hundred photos of her while I tested out the camera. She's awesome like that. |
 |
| Random target practice. Those belong to the renters. |
 |
| This is out the back door, by the driveway, there's a stream that runs behind her. |
 |
| This is about as close up as I could get, next on my list I'd love to get a macro lens. I really miss the digital macro that my Elph had! |
 |
| Look at that sky, it really was the most gorgeous, perfect day! |
 |
| Uncle Marlin was out mowing the fields and left the door to a shed open so I explored inside a bit. |
 |
| Still can't figure out how to get night shots, they all ended up super blurry. |
 |
| This boy is SO MUCH like his father! |
 |
| So sweet. |
 |
| Calin is always asking Darin to take him golfing. Darin would love to, but unfortunately, he has a job. |
|
3 comments:
no really..you are getting quite the eye for photos. hope you print some of these rustic ones off and frame them. excellent work!
i was so busy looking at your photos that i just overlooked the kind of your camera you have. excellent. Wondering now what an Elph is. Can you figure out I want a new camera. Took ours to our family reunion and am hoping it was so hot it fried so I have an excuse.
Beautiful! I know all of you will have a wonderful time together.
Post a Comment