I've had a love/hate relationship with this summer. On the one hand, I love that the kids are home and I want to play with them and live summer like it was supposed to be lived. On the other hand, I'm in charge of Sharing Time this month and I've spent every single day for the last 3 weeks working on lessons. The kids want my attention and I would rather do anything but sharing time, but I have no choice, it has to be done. I'm frustrated with it taking up a month when I only have my kids home for 3 months. I'm burned out, and I'm only halfway through the month. I've only half halfheartedly worked on it this week and I have nothing really planned and it's already Thursday! I'll work on it a bit tomorrow but since it's my birthday Darin is taking the afternoon off and we're going on a date. So this Sunday's lesson is going to be pretty poorly planned, and even more poorly executed. And I just can't bring myself to care.
Anyhow. Just needed to vent my frustrations. In other news: Naiya finished Daisy Scouts and will be moving on to Brownies in the fall.
Anyhow. Just needed to vent my frustrations. In other news: Naiya finished Daisy Scouts and will be moving on to Brownies in the fall.
I sent her to clean up her stuffed animals in the playroom and this is what it looks like now:
This is the cleanest her room has been in a month:
Calin's room, aside from the half made bed, is always this spotless:
Despite what it may seem, I haven't spent my entire month griping. We've had some fun and silliness too, and I haven't neglected the chores (or kids) completely.
| This hair cut is just not working for me. The bangs are always ridiculous. I'm trying to figure out how to cut it so it looks better. |
| These turkeys may look sweet, but make no mistake, they have been fighting ALL. MONTH. LONG! |
| We always have plenty of silliness around here. |
3 comments:
I saw the first picture of you and thought "oh, I love her hair!" and the following picture you say your hair isn't working for you. haha.
For what it is worth, it is super cute, but I hear ya on the bangs. They are just super annoying!! I'm trying to grow mine back out...
Seems like she's inherited the get it out and leave it out gene from a certain gpa who will remain nameless.
Didn't know Calin keep things clean-good going.
Sorry about your Sharing Time stress.
Kate! look at how spotless your kitchen floor is! Take joy in that. And those primary kids only really are that you are there. They are not going to remember sharing times, good or bad. but they will remember you were there for them. it's summer...relax and enjoy.
Post a Comment