Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Pantry Musings

 I've been excited for school to start because I'll have time to reorganize the closets and storage spaces and dressers. I decided to start with the pantry. Since this space is used several times daily, it has been bothering me the most. I discovered it's very difficult to photograph a pantry.
It's a corner shaped pantry, this is the left side. Don't judge.

This is the right side. No, we don't eat very healthy. Don't judge.

When the kids got home from school Naiya immediately wanted in on the action.

My kitchen looked like this for 2 days. :(
 But, it was worth it. I'm happy with the end result, and it was so worth the money I invested into getting baskets and shelves to make it easier to find everything. I have seen many pantry makeovers in which everything was put into cute little clear containers and labeled accordingly. This was not for me. I wanted everything kept in its original package. This is the after shot:

 Hmm, looking at that picture it looks just as messy as before. But trust me, it's not. I wasn't compltely disorganized before, there were very definite sections for baking items, cereal, cans, crackers, etc. But some spaces needed a lot of work, like the spot where I would toss the marshmallows. I found 7 open bags and 2 unopened bags. I must have thought we were out and bought more, or the kids would open a new bag to make smores in the microwave. Or, Darin would bring home half a bag after a campout. They simply multiplied without me even noticing So yeah, now I know exactly how many bags of marshmallows I have.
Ideally, I would have loved to have painted the inside before filling it back up, but with the Keiths on their way, I didn't have time. A project for another day.

No comments: