Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Morning

We had a lovely, quiet Christmas morning. I woke early at 6am. I tried to go back to sleep but I got a last minute gift idea in my head so I hurried and went to work on it before the kids woke. We headed downstairs at 7 when Calin finally woke up.
Finding the gifts under the tree.

Stockings filled with candy.


Alarm clocks. Calin had an old one, but Naiya has been begging for one forever! Thanks, Santa!

A game he's wanted for a long time.
This girl loves her Beanie Boos:


Freddy (our elf) left us 2 gifts the year. Naiya was thrilled to get Despicable Me 2.

Calin was thrilled Freddy gave us Bocce ball.

Naiya had a huge list of items that each of her stuffed animals wanted. Santa doesn't normally give gifts to toys, but he made an exception, he gave this little blanket to Giraffey.
Calin spent much of the morning ignore the chaos around him while he read his new Ripley's Believe it or Not book.

That's a cute girly nerf gun on her hip. I love that they came out with pretty ones this year!

Smitten by her furby, Lulu.

New games. Calin played Lego Batman, and Naiya played a Furby game on the tablet.
We had a nice hot breakfast and eventually we all got dressed. I made some food for Christmas dinner, and we finally headed over to Missy's house, but I'll post those photos in another post.

2 comments:

mom said...

Love the smiles in the first pic. No matter how old kids get that first look is always magical.
Are they going to set the alarms to get up on their own?
That was rather smart of Nerf to finally come up with girly colors. Now she's ready for the next family shoot out.
Love that Calin is a reader.
All in all it looks like a great Christmas for the Herzoffs.

Susan said...

I have always loved SORRY and I don't own it. Maybe I ought to buy one