Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Car Trouble

My car pooped out on Friday. I got in to take Calin to school and it made this really ugly screeching sound when I tried to turn it over. It obviously didn't want to be driven (good thing the school is close enough to walk-he was only 1/2 an hour late). Darin, along his friend and my brother, spent many hours under the hood and finally got it running last night. Woohoo! Thank you all so much for putting in the time and effort to fix it for me and for all the money you saved us! I very much appreciate it. And thanks mom for letting me borrow your car, I'll return it to you ASAP.
It sure was nice to drive it again this morning. Driving my mom's car, and darin's car, only made me appreciate mine more. Not that there is anything wrong with their cars, I'm just comfortable in mine. For the last 7 years I've driven that car,the seat is probably molded to my butt! I'm comfortable in it b/c I'm used to all of it's quirks. I'm familiar with it's blind spots, it's turning radius and how fast it accelerates and how long it takes to slow down and the temperature, how long the vents stay cold before warm air finally comes out. All those little things that just feel off when you're driving someone else's car. The one thing I enjoyed about the other cars-the radio. Shortly after getting my car we had some work done on it and the radio was never hooked up properly. So for the past 7 years I have driven a quiet car or relied on a portable cd player (which doesn't work in the winter) and my few good old fashioned cassette tapes. It was nice to flick stations again-though I discovered they're all mostly just commercials and crappy music anyway.
Despite not having a radio, I do love my car and am soooo incredibly glad it was able to be fixed. Thank you all again for your willingness to help out!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

oh I am so glad you car is working. It is hard to live with out a car :)

Tracy said...

No radio for 7 years?? We must do something about that! LOL But you're right, most stations are junk anyways!

Susan said...

wondered if you have a name for you car. You know we always name ours.