Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Faves

Fellow blogger Nikki has posted her favorite things and asked "What are your favorite things?" So, cyber friends, These are a few of my favorite things (in no particular order):

1. Spring/Autumn. I hate extreme temperatures. I love the flowers blooming and the sun coming out after many months of gray skies and I love spring cleaning. I love when the air turns crisp and the leaves change and baking fresh apple pies.

2. Lactaid pills. Thank you lactaid for providing me with the ability to eat cheese and icecream to my hearts content without the yucky side effects.

3. Darin. Cheesy, yes, but true. Of all the people I've met in my life Darin is my absolute favorite.

4. Cookies. I love them, made from scratch and fresh from the oven. I don't care much for store bought cookies or dough. My favorites to bake and eat are:
Jif Peanut Butter
Quaker Vanishing Oatmeal Raisin
Andes Creme de Menthe
Sugar cookies w/frosting
Chocolate w/Reeses PB chips
No Bakes
And yes, I'm still sticking to my no-cookies-for-2008 resolution.

5. My computer. I am addicted to the internet. I have endless information at my fingertips and I can keep in touch with friends and make new online friends as well. I love that I can store all of my pictures in one little space and I look through them several times a week.

6. Photography. I love admiring photos and taking some of my own. Especially in my backyard, there is fun stuff in the woods back beyond our fence. And a few creepy things, like the jawbone I found-we think it was from a dog. One day I will have a nice camera and take some classes so I know how to use the thing! For now though I will be grateful for my little Canon Elph which Darin won from the McDonalds Monopoly Game.


7. Sleeping. I really love to sleep, and I love waking in the morning feeling rested. I love naps but don't take them b/c they mess up my nighttime sleep, which I love more. But I'm dumb and rarely get to bed at a decent hour.

8. The # 8. The number 8 has always been my favorite and "lucky" number.

9. The Gospel. I really love belonging to the LDS church. I couldn't imagine living life not knowing where I came from, why I'm here, and where I am going.

10. Dishwashers. I don't actually have one, but they were created for people like me. Words cannot express how much I hate washing dishes so whoever the genius was that created a machine to do it for me, I thank you. And I hope you got paid millions of dollars for your priceless invention.

I think 10 is enough for now. I do have many more favorite things but this is what I can come up with off the top of my head.

What are your favorite things?

2 comments:

Keri said...

#11 My family. Most importantly is my sister Keri whom I miss greatly. And can't wait to see again so we can be silly and goof off. and then Melissa will join us and the 3 sisters will be crazy together and our husbands will sit back and just be entertained and so thankful we've been apart for so many years.

Susan said...

check lorain city schools....they offer some great classes...even one in digital photography.