Calin is certainly growing into his own. This morning I convinced him it was far too cold to wear shorts so what did he do-put the pants underneath them. And he wanted hair gel. We've tried many times to put gel in his hair but he's always refused, he's just like that, he knows exactly what he wants and doesn't want and sticks to it. So this morning I did his hair, which he promptly tried to smooth back down. It still looks somewhat styled though b/c when the gel didn't work I put in some of my sticky spiking product. If you click on the picture you can see his tongue sticking through his teeth, he does this when he smiles now. He lost another tooth this week-#6 I think it was-and so far only one has grown in so he's got a pretty toothless grin.He has been having a very "purple" month, all but one day so far! He's really proud of himself. He loves school, his reading and writing skills are blossoming faster that I anticipated and he loves doing his homework.
He's enjoying cub scouts. He has a Space Derby coming up, which I didn't even know existed. I know very little about scouting, but I'm learning as I go. For those of you who are clueless like myself, a space derby is like a pinewood derby, but with rockets. If you don't know what a pinewood derby is, then you're in worse shape than myself and I cannot help you.
Naiya made me laugh the other day, I can't remember if she was feeling sick or overtired or what, but she ran to the window to watch the garbage truck. She then started crying-actually crying-tears and all, "Mom, that guy dumped all of our garbage in there!" Sob sob, "We'll never get more garbage...." I know she was sad, but it was so funny that she got distraught over this.
3 comments:
It's hard for me to believe how much Calin is growing up. I don't picture him as being old enough to be one of the cub scouts I'm so busy recruiting. I wish we lived closer to be a part of your lives.
If it makes you feel better, I work for the Boy Scouts and have only heard of a Space Derby... not real sure how it works. :) Not all packs have them.
-Paul
He taking after his dad & uncle Dave with his shorts obsession-they just don't have mom's telling them it's too cold to wear only them. At least he listened to you and came up with his own solution so he could still wear them.
Good thing you'll have more garbage for Naiya to cry over.
So what did you do for a camera?
Okay, Darin SO would have done that too! Oh sweet justice to have to raise ourselve huh?! What the heck... I though boys started scouts when they turned 8!
Post a Comment