Monday, October 20, 2008

Sad stuff.

Friday night my camera had a little rendevous with the trunk of the car and the screen shattered. It still works but I can't see what I'm photographing (wow, like in the old days) and I also can't change the settings. So the top item on my wish list is now a new digital camera.
The first item on my wish list used to be music for my car. For 7 years now, the radio hasn't worked and the portable CD player had a very short lifespan. And so for the majority of 7 years, I have relied on cassettes. Yes, cassettes. And to make matters worse, I only have a handful. A few church tapes, a few mix tapes made by an old boyfriend, and one children's tape which has been so permanantly burned into my brain that I listen to it even when the kids aren't in the car b/c I simply don't realize it's playing.
My husband had the fabulous idea of getting me an MP3 player for Christmas. But now that I need a new camera, I suppose the music in my car will have to wait, maybe for my birthday in June or for next Christmas? What's another year? The back speakers starting shorting out this summer anyway. Then again, the car is having problems right and left and may not last another year. In that case music is small potatoes compared to the cost of a car. Such is life.
And until I can get new camera, pictures might be few and far between. Sorry bloggers.

4 comments:

Susan said...

cassettes? i have some...somewhere...let me look. do you care what they are?//hahahahahaha

Missy said...

Go to mom's for tapes. Sorry if I took all the good ones! Memories.
I listen to Trin's kid music too even when she is not in the car, and sing to it! How sad is that. Then I will realize what I am doing and turn it off.
day after thanksgiving would be a good day to get a camera. Dan is selling his old one, it is like dad's.

Rebecca Holt Stay said...

You want cassettes?
Why, we have HUNDREDS! Tell me who you want: has to be pre-1995. Do you even KNOW any music from that long ago?

I do have a cd to cassette recorder, so if you bring me the cds, I'll record you some cassettes.

Dan said...

Sad day, Kate! I do have a camera if you're just looking for something to hold you over. We've had a few offers over the last 6 months, but for some reason have chosen not to part with it. If you're interested, I'd happily send it to you. Cameras are ok to mail, right Miss? Anyway, it's a 4mp, with 10x optical zoom, yadda yadda yadda. Check my other blog if you're interested.