Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A bit of blabbing

The first pic of 2010:


Christmas break was wonderful. Lots of chill time and Darin was off more than he was at work (hooray for unused vacation days). I was happy to get the Christmas decor put away and finally finished moving into my bedroom. When we moved in a ton of stuff was "unpacked" onto the dresser tops and I never bothered finding places to put them, so after 4 months, it's nice to finally have it done.
I also finished the kids room just before break. It was utter chaos in there, way too many toys crammed into too small a space. It resulted in a never ending mess. I went through every item in that room and got rid of a ton. Calin was quite helpful too, he volunteered to retire several toys I thought he'd want to keep. But he said he didn't play with them and that they could go. He must have a bit of me in him after all. :)
I was hoping to finish the laundry room as well, but it never happened. There isn't too much to do in there, only one box left of odds and ends to unpack, and a bit of clutter on the counter space. It should only take a few hours, and I'll find time for it this week. After that I think we'll be completely moved in. Hooray!

5 comments:

mom said...

Congratulations! I know how much you hate clutter. Thanks for all your efforts at decluttering my house. Kids are looking so grown up. Good for Calin to not have inherited the pack rat gene. We won't mention where he'd have gotten that from.

Dad said...

Thanks for the pictures. Good for you on getting unpacked so early after the move. I have gone to places that still have boxes unpacked a year after moving. I dont know whom mom is talking about. I am not a pack rat. I only save tools and trains and a lot of things inbetween.

Susan said...

well done

Dan said...

Unfortunately I've inherited the pack-rat gene, but it paid off yesterday when I found a $25 gift card in a wedding card from 3 1/2 years ago!

Keri said...

I love de-junking. Especially when the 'nesting' part of pregnancy kicks in. And it has kicked in. I'm more worn out from cleaning than from this kid.