Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday mumbling.

My son got sick this weekend, 24 hours of puking. I felt so sad for him, and I hate when there is nothing I can do. We just had to let it run it's course. Darin was so awesome too, he got up with him all night long, about every 20 minutes. Poor kid, and poor dad! By morning it was tapering off and by evening it had stopped all together. Darin had to teach Sunday School and EQ so I got to skip church and stay home with Calin. Well, mostly. Naiya had her first primary talk so I did spend a few minutes at church helping her. She did a great job though, such a big girl!
Anyhow. Calin is doing better. I kept him home from school today though just to be safe (the school here doesn't get MLK day off) and it's nice to have a nice relaxing day with the family (the bank is still closed).
I finished reading Catching Fire, the 2nd book in the Hunger Games series. I'm not sure how I felt about the 1st book. It was a really good book, but the concept was very disturbing to me. Catching Fire made me feel better and I imagine the 3rd book will offer me the closure I need to truly appreciate the story. Unfortunately it doesn't come out until August so I'll have to wait.
About the house, I had Darin help me get the laundry room unpacked, hooray! And we got ourselves a folding church-like table to use in our kitchen. The one we bought when we moved here was way too enormous for the tiny space, so it's just sitting around in one of our extra rooms, waiting to be sold. I'm not thrilled with using the plastic table, but it works so much better for the space and helps the kitchen feel more open. The longer I live in other people's houses, the more I long for one of my own. I desperately wish we could buy one now. The housing prices are ridiculous, there is one house here in the valley that was built for 750k and is now selling for only 200k. Crazy! It's painful not to jump on that kind of opportunity. But we keep reminding ourselves that we're doing what is right for us and that when the time comes the Lord will provide. Still hurts though!

5 comments:

Keri said...

Glad Calin is feeling better. I wish I could jump on a house priced like that. It would be nice.

Dad said...

I guess that if you are going to live there for a while, it might be nice to have a house of your own. That house sounds like quite a deal. Sorry Calin has been sick. You guys are good parents to take care of him like that. To think that Naiya gave her first talk in church. that's fantastic.

mom said...

Poor Calin. No fun for sickie or the person getting up with them. So you had your own MLK day and got things done. Good for you. Wish you could get the house of your dreams while prices are down, too. It'll happen. Naiya is growing up isn't she?

Lauren -HCP said...

glad calin is feeling better, throw up has to be the worst.

Susan said...

so sorry about the sickness. EVERYONE in Jocelyn's family got it...all 5 of them...and almost at the same time...but not quite. It was terrible so I can imagine what your 24 hours are like.

Sad about the table. I love big tables Ilove big furniture. but big doesn't always work and space is better.

Miss you