Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3rd Grade

I got a surprising email from Calin's teacher:

Mr. and Mrs. Herzoff,

Calin is a joy and breath of fresh air in my classroom. I enjoy him so much. Thank you for sharing him with me. Just when I think I'm all by myself in left field, there he is. He lets me know that I am reaching someone, especially him. You have a very bright and inquisitive young man and I am going to push him a bit out of his comfort zone and challenge him to think even more outside the "box". Thanks again, for sharing him with me. This is going to be a great year.

Mrs. R


Hmm, that's different from last year. I'm so happy for him to have a teacher who can see his potential. He's had wonderful teachers in the past, but I was very worried about what damage was done with last year's bad egg. Things are looking up! :)

5 comments:

John and Anna said...

That is so great! Sounds like a wonderful teacher. That makes such a difference!

mom said...

Hooray for Mrs. R. What a good year Calin will have with her. Glad you listened to your inspiration and moved to Rexburg schools to start the year. She see's what we know has been there all long. It's going to be a great year for all of you.

Missy said...

It is nice to have someone outside of family tell you what a great kid you have. Sounds like Mrs. R is a winner.

Memories of the Friendliest Ghost said...

I am sad that you moved outside the valley. My relief society buddy has gone (you). I am so happy that you have found a place that you are happy with. When you don't catch those "bad eggs" then you just get worse. I am glad that he has a teacher that "see's him". He will soar with Excellent teachers like Mrs. R. Good Luck in all of your adventures. Hope to see you around sometime.

Best of Luck

Dad said...

I am glad that you and you family are settling in. At least in the community. Living arrangements probably still have a little bit to be desired.