My kids have been on a Star Wars kick the last few months. Yesterday Naiya prayed that Jesus would have "the force" so he could make all the bad guys be good. And Calin is always lamenting that the force isn't real and wishing he had it. It always makes me smile.
I saw the principal today and he said he jump-roped with Calin at recess, and commented that Calin was a good kid. It seems Calin is finally warming up to him, which is happening a lot faster than I expected. It's good progress!
This house cannot be built fast enough. I can't wait for my kids to have their own rooms. Sharing a room just isn't working for them anymore. Naiya isn't falling asleep as early as she used to and so Calin can't go to bed as early as he needs to. If they are in the same room awake while trying to go to bed they just start yelling at each other for making noises. And then it takes them longer to fall asleep and I have a hard time getting them up in the morning, which never used to happen. It's not pretty.
I just keep telling myself 4 more months. Speaking of which, they moved the construction trailer off of our lot last week. It's a really small thing, but at this point anything happening is really exciting. Concrete gets poured as soon as they can get through all the red tape, the 27th maybe. I keep second guessing all the things we picked out, but that's just my nature. I think I'll be pretty happy with the finished product. The only thing I'm unsure of is the finish on the cabinets. I'm going to go look at them again this week and decide for sure. I'd rather fork over $100 to change them than hate them for the next 20 years.
Anyhow, enough rambling. Calin's been on one today and I needed to ramble a bit to get my mind off it. Actually, I handled him pretty well. My patience today should have been enough to earn me a medal. That doesn't happen very often. Let's hope for a better day tomorrow.
3 comments:
Naiya's Star War's prayer made me smile. Kids are so impressionable and then honest in their prayer requests.
A principal that jump ropes with his kids. I'm definitely impressed at his attempts with Calin. Maybe it's been alot for Calin to go from 2 yrs in Av then a yr in Driggs and now another new school this year. Plus the move away from his friends etc. You also moved several times while here. Maybe he just needs reasurrance that he'll be in this school with these new friends for the long run. And that once in your house you won't be moving again for a long time. You never know what he might be thinking about all these changes.
Good for you in handling him in a way that pleased you.
that's pretty cool the Principal will jump rope with Calin, sounds like he is a good one:-) I'd recommend finding pics of kitchens you like online or in magazines and then just copy the cabinets and countertop combination in your house. I think its easier to coordinate when you can see it already in a finished kitchen. Can't wait until you get into your house-- you deserve it!
Way to go, cool school dudes. Calin needs you.
Post a Comment