School is in full swing and my life is back to routine. I drive to the school 3 times a day, not my favorite thing. They closed a road to the school so I have to take the looong way around, 3 times a day. It's 20-25 minutes round trip and I am always shocked when I look down at the dash and see I'm almost out of gas. Again. The road construction is only supposed to last through September, but we'll see. Driving the long way does have one perk- it takes me past our development. They've started on the landscaping outside of the development, and when our house gets started (maybe next week?) I'll get to watch that process.
Naiya just loves school, she is making friends and learning and it makes her so happy. Calin is learning too, but he's having a harder time with friends. He misses his friends in Driggs and Ohio and I am so thankful this is our last move. He's never had a hard time making friends before, so this is new territory for me. Darin spent the night in Driggs last night so I let Calin stay up late and we had a good talk about it. It didn't change anything, but hopefully it helps him feel better about it. I love that boy dearly and I hate to see him hurting. We're going to see if we change wards now, before we move. It might help him to get involved with the scouts and primary there b/c those kids are the ones in his school. Otherwise he'll start here and in 3 months start over. I think it's the best thing for him, and all of us.
3 comments:
poor boy. I hope all will work out. I'm sure he'll find someone thats the perfect match for him. And they'll be inseperable.
You could get to Mel's in 25 mins so that must be some construction you have to get thru.
Good idea if they'll let you change wards now. Hope he can settle in at school and make some friends. Good luck. Keep the communication lines open.
Glad Miss Naiya likes school. I'm not surprised
Hey, since you are driving past you development, take pictures of the progress. Get pictures often. and then when you are all settled in you can look back at how you got it.
Post a Comment