Sunday, February 27, 2011

Life this week.

Naiya missed school all week b/c she has the flu, well, I think she has the flu. She came down with a fever Sunday night and I finally took her to the doc on Thursday b/c her fever stopped responding to the meds, it would go down only a little, like from 103 down to 101. The trip to the doctor left me pretty irritated, I told the doc she had flu like symptoms, and he ran a strep test which came back negative. So then he prescribes amoxicillan b/c it could develop into bronchitis or something. Um, what? I still don't know if it was the flu, but now I have a completely unrelated prescription. I left knowing only one thing: I need to find a new doctor.
I've been taking a Love & Logic class. I took it in Driggs a while back and really liked the concepts but I needed a refresher course so I'm taking it again. Calin got into some trouble at school this week and it was nice to have a manual to refer to to help me figure out how to deal with it, and I was glad to have the teacher to reassure me I handled the situation alright.
The weather is depressing us over here. It got into the 40's for like 2 days but it didn't last. We're back in the teens, it's snowing, and we haven't seen the ground since what, November? Poor Miss Naiya was once again crying about it never being spring and summer. Then again with her being sick she's been crying about pretty much everything. We both got pretty burned out sitting around the house all week. I spent much of the time playing Scrabble while Naiya napped or watched cartoons. I beat my old high (word) score. Yeah!
Way back when, my in-laws passed on to us Darin's old Child Craft books. My kids love them and read them all the time. We had most of them in storage before the house was done, b/c we didn't have enough room, but now they're back on the shelf and feeling "new" to the kids again.



Calin built this ecosystem diorama for school. He looks sickly, doesn't he? But he seems to just have a cold, not what Naiya had.
On Saturday, Sister Beck (The Relief Society General President) came and spoke at the new BYU-I Center. The building is huge, it's like a smaller version of the Conference Center in Salt Lake. It was nice to hear her speak and felt wonderful to be in such a huge conference full of other Latter Day Saint women. We've been in Rexburg for about 7 months now and this is the first I've been up to campus. I didn't see much of it, but it's crazy how much change has happened since I went to school there 10 years ago.
2 more quick side notes. Darin finished teaching his class up at the college. I'm glad for that. :) The other note, his car seems to be on the verge of death, which is not so wonderful considering he has to drive an hour to work everyday, and I need my car to shuttle kids around. Here's hoping we can get the problem fixed, and cheap!

2 comments:

mom said...

Hope Naiya is feeling better by now. Where are you taking the class? Dealing with kids problems cab be quite a challenge. glad the class helped. I'm tired of looking out at dirty snow, so I'll appreciate spring too.
Hope you can get the car fixed. Just what you'd need is another payment now that you have a house payment.

Missy said...

Sorry about all the sickies.
Maybe Curtis can look at the car for you guys.